(Disclaimer: The contents are subject to change without prior notice, and under no circumstances can it be used as evidence of legal responsibility for investment results. The information provided here does not constitute investment advice. If you have any questions, please contact the Stackswap team.)
Governance page to be updated
A governance page will be added to the Stackswap App. We believe this to be an important feature that will dictate the future of the platform through greater user activity. This will allow users to check the full list of proposals, vote with their STSW, and check on the results of proposals and see if they have passed or not.
Further updates will be shared with regards to proposal creation directly on the Stackswap UI.
Governance Policy Summary
The below are the current settings for the governance portion of Stackswap. They are also available to be changed and updated with further governance proposals.
- Minimum requirement for creating a proposal for Stackswap is 8 million vSTSW.
- Minimum requirement for a governance proposal to be passed is 20 million vSTSW for the proposal.
- Voting period length is 288 blocks, which is around 2 days.
- Voting is executed by sending vSTSW directly from wallets, which can then be reclaimed after the voting period is completed.
- Proposals that are passed must first be considered by Stackswap’s development team for feasibility before a timeline and roadmap for implementation is offered. The updates to the contract code will first be offered to users for review before it is pushed onto the main code.
- Veto function will be an available tool to the proposals offered to the platform to protect against malicious users or bad actors. This function will be abolished as soon as there is a reasonable amount of varied user activity on the governance areas (details on what constitutes a reasonable amount of user activity will be decided).
Governance Page Details
- My Votes — List of Proposals the user has previously voted on.
- All Proposals — Full list of all Governance Proposals created.
- vSTSW Balance — Amount of vSTSW that is available immediately for the user.
Proposal Details: Full details for the governance proposal.
- Title for governance proposal
- Status for the proposal (opened or closed)
- Wallet address for the proposer
- Github Gist link for the proposal and contract changes
- Vote status, including total votes cast (minimum 20 million for proposal required) and vote split.
- Active voting blocks for the proposal during which users can vote.
- Wallet’s vSTSW balance.
Submit Votes — Submit governance votes with vSTSW and choose “Vote For” or “Vote Against” on the proposal.